The goal is that now all our common work related to the family is online, available at no cost and without commercials for anyone who registers to access it. This site (Figarella.ORG) has:
- the five pillars of Wikipedia: the articles are written in 6 languages, anyone connected to this family may be authorized by the editors/moderators to contribute their writings and other media as long as they are encyclopedic (with historical relevance, universality and timelessness). For example, the memories of my branch of our family tree are here. Also the memories of other branches.
- different sections to dedicate them to the members of each branch of the family all linked to the large trunk of the family tree. Another example, I have my section to write about my parents, my wife, my children and publish documents, photos, videos of them. A cousin of mine have his/her section and also write to his/her family and his/her section and mine are united by our common grandfather. There will also be common sections as places (Tumeremo, Figarella villa in Corsica, for example), events (Carnival of El Callao, Jana Figarella concert in Brazil, etc). I have noticed over the years that there is interest in many people to do that with Facebook.com pages but really is not the best. (The only reason I’m on Facebook is to contact people interested in this serious work using available technology far beyond the limitations of Facebook.)
- This own powerful server (mine) with enough capacity (over 24 TB) connected to the latest technology in Internet 1 Gb/s upstream and downstream (incredible!). In this way we can accommodate lifetime all our work and documentary sources including multimedia (documents, pictures, audios, music) better than many do in Youtube.com.
- The server is protected with technology to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to information.
- all such information made by us, for us, without any commercial, with the only idea to share our roots, our family heritage, for us and our descendants for many years to come.
To give you an example of the magnitude of a job like this, people with the surname Figarella in the Brazilian Amazon as the wonderful singer Jana Figarella , who did not know that we are all descendants of the Corsican. She only knew that his grandfather Napoleon Figarella left Venezuela. I consider it our duty to share our genealogy work with her .
Similarly, there are few people in the Figarella villa in Corsica who are interested in their relatives in Venezuela, and vice versa.
And I mention the Figarella, but this work is not limited to those who carry that name. There are many more people of other surnames in this work related Figarella and other Corsicans who come from the same areas. Therefore it is a work of a lot of people.